Friday, March 26, 2010

I turned 60 overnight

So I’ve figured out my next challenge. I’ve decided it’s fine time to teach myself how to crochet.

I don’t personally know anyone that crochets that doesn’t also qualify for AARP benefits, but hey…I’m sure they’re out there somewhere, right?

What sparked this interest was seeing an adorable, homemade crocheted baby blanket and hat on etsy.com. I love that website, by the way. I was close to pulling the trigger on purchasing them when I thought, “Wait a second…maybe…just maybe…I could make our baby his own homemade blanket!”

And thus begins a new challenge.

And since you all know once I get an idea in my head, I have to act upon it IMMEDIATELY, I went to Joann Fabrics straight from work that day and picked up my supplies:

*Picture courtesy of Eric…thanks!

Eric is all too familiar with ideas that pop into my head and must be acted upon now. Not in 15 minutes…but NOW!!! As if the house may burn down if we don’t immediately clean out that coat closet that is overflowing that I just happened to walk by and notice.

Anyway, after the first few frustrating attempts of practically tangling myself up in yarn with no crochet stitches in sight, I think I may be making some progress. I’m aiming first for a successful small washcloth before I attempt the big daddy project of the baby blanket. I still have quite a way to go, but I have at least the bottom inch or more completed and you can actually tell it’s going to turn out to be something. What yet is still to be determined…but it’ll be something alright. Stay tuned for pics!

~as

No comments:

Post a Comment