Friday, June 12, 2009

The good 'ol days

I can hardly believe it - the final days leading up to our wedding are finally upon us. I’m so ridiculously excited I can barely stand it!!! Looking back through the last few years, I can’t believe what a whirlwind it’s been. The cliché holds true - to say that time flies would be an understatement…

I can clearly remember back to my days of crushing on this hot guy at work. :) Hey, I’m not gonna lie…for a while there I actually looked forward to waking up and going to work. I remember thinking, “Can someone slice me off a piece of that guy?!?!” HA! I also remember getting really sick on our first official date out to dinner and him thinking (and joking to me) that if this was my way of just wanting to go home because things weren’t working out, that was okay. :) Umm, no! I really am just sick! I was so adamant that whatever tricks my stomach was playing on me, I wasn’t about let it win. I also remember all the little things you take for granted in a relationship at the time, like finding out all this great, new information about each other and experiencing all sorts of “firsts” together. Those will forever be memories I cherish. And now, I get the best gift ever. I get to marry my best friend and spend the rest of our lives together experiencing even more “firsts” together. I just hope those firsts don’t include me tripping down the aisle or flubbing my lines during the ceremony. Ha! (Yeah…I was getting a bit sappy there and needed to get back to the lighter side of making fun of myself, per usual.)

I’m also trying to soak in the entire wedding planning process. While many people don’t enjoy planning at all, let alone a wedding, I love(d) it! I’m not stressed at all and at this point, have virtually everything done. I’m typically not a last minute type of gal, so I’ve been pretty much done for a bit now. And while I’m glad to have everything done and can smooth sail straight to the Big Day, I also find myself having a tinge of sadness because the process is almost over. As much as I can’t wait to marry Eric, I’ve really enjoyed planning this once in a lifetime event and like any good party, I don’t want it to end! But at least I have an even bigger party to look forward to and that, my friends, brings a smile to my face. :)

Oh – to update…I did not, in fact, receive a buzz cut by the hair stylist at my second trial hair appointment. Crisis adverted. Phew! She actually was much more personable this time around and did not rat's nest me again. I did, however, keep one eye on her scissors at all times. "I got my eye on you, Butchy Yost!"

Now it’s time for the “Most ridiculous thing I’ve heard today” portion of the show. As I’m getting ready for work this morning and listening to the news in the background, I heard a ludicrous story. The reporter was saying how the 911 folks were expecting to get calls later today from idiots, I mean individuals, regarding the DTV conversion this afternoon. Really??? People would actually call 911 – meant for life or death emergencies – to complain about no television service?!? Speechless. Simply speechless. The report went on to say that the 911 operators have already been “warned” of such calls and are being asked to be respectful and remind the callers that 911 is for true emergencies only. Sheesh! I give the operators mad props – I like to think I’m a pretty nice person, but I’m pretty sure even I would have some choice words for those callers. :)

~as

No comments:

Post a Comment