Saturday, July 25, 2009

We've got a bleeder!

(First let me apologize - the HTML editor on my home PC is freaking out today, so the spacing of the words and lines is a bit crazy for the moment. Sorry! The blog hates my home PC.)

While on my quest to become a highly skilled, confident cook I decided to make homemade peanut butter chocolate chip cookies at home the other night.



Mid cookie dough preparation, all of a sudden I hear a loud *CLUCK!*.

At first I thought it was just the racket I was making with the cookie sheets I was retrieving from the cabinet at that moment. (I’m pretty reckless in the kitchen and tend to make a lot of noise doing just about anything in that room.) As I turn around, I see Eric grasping his head and looking to be in a fair amount of pain. Turns out his pull-up bar fell down and clunked him straight on the melon as he was resting between sets. Not good. I thought it was initially just one hell of a bump, but when he removed his hand and it was full of blood…like I said…not good. Luckily, after I almost passed out while trying to tend to his bloody wound, all was a-ok. He did have a little gash, but nothing serious that would require doctor’s care (well, I do recall throwing out the idea of going to the ER when I was about to pass out from the sight of the blood…ha!). The upside? He’ll likely get a new scar that he’ll think makes him look badass. One other thing I noted to myself was the difference between men in women (or at least us!) in situations such as these: 

Eric = “I’m fine. NO, we do NOT need to go to the doctor. NO, I do not need to lie down. And NO, do NOT get the peroxide.”

Had the situation been reversed…

Anne
= “Oh my God!! Oh my God!! OUCHHHHHH!!! Can you see the cut?? How bad is it? It’s bad, isn’t it? Let’s go to the doctor…get bandages and peroxide. I…have…such…a…headache!!!” (All the while tears running down my face…)

Gotta love the differences between men and women. :) Other lesson I’m pulling from this? Maybe this is a sign that I should NOT attempt to master cooking. :) Oh, personal chef…where art thou?

Also, beware...neighborhood power outages can lead to scraped elbows and dents in cars. Just ask Eric after he had to break into our unattached garage to get to his car Friday morning before work. Oops! Poor guy's had a bad run of luck the last few days. I'm confident, however, that lunch with a few bloody marys and friends will help him forget all about it...

~as

No comments:

Post a Comment